My accountant has fallen serious ill, I'm sole owner and employee of a Sub-S Corp. I'm looking at my 2018 Corp Tax return at line 12, trying to figure out what I should enter there for the 2019 return.

I saw this question, but I'm still stuck: Clarification on line 12 of US tax form 1120S for S Corporations

How can I find how he computed Line 12. Would the calculation be available from my W2?

And of course I have the check register, with all the payments to the IRS for the withholding.

I have tried to construct the payroll numbers from emails he sent me over that year. For most the payrolls, I have sort of a stub he created that shows the Fed Withholding, the Social Sec, and Medicare, and "Regular Pay", and "Net Pay".

On this site, I found the following quote: https://evergreensmallbusiness.com/quick-and-dirty-payroll-for-one-person-s-corps/

Your corporation pays a 7.65% Social Security and Medicare payroll tax. If your S corporation pays you payroll of $10,000 a quarter, that amount equals $765 obviously.

Should I be able to compute that number given any or all of the above? If so, how?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.