at what percentage above the cost price should you walk? prices fluctuate therefore? what should the end point be?
General reasons for investors for when to sell a stock:
- The fundamentals have changed
- Share price has risen dramatically and you think that the stock has become overvalued
- You now believe that the purchase was a mistake
- Tax loss harvesting
- You need the money
- You found a better opportunity
- Your target price has been reached
- To cut losses
It's a somewhat different set of rules for a trader.