My "investment goal" is to invest small amounds of money (~ 1000 Euro) in each of the democracies listed here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democracy_Index
For the most countries I have already found a ETF or stock of a company from that country.
But for some - in this case Uruguay - I did not find a way to invest.
So how to invest in Democraties/Uruguay?
- Im not asking for specific investments but more for a strategy to find ways to invest in Uruguay (or other far away countries)
- I am from Europa (Austria).
- Already searched the internet with a search machine for "invest Uruguay" => found out that there seems to be a big marked for real estates
- Already checked entries in the wikipedia for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lists_of_companies_of_Uruguay or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Companies_of_Uruguay
- Already searched in my webbrooker client for companies, etfs containing "Uruguay" or "Montevideo" or IMEBO (=stock marked index of stock exchange of Uruguay)
Edit (answering questions from below):
Reason for me to invest in democraties:
- I believe that in the long run they are more stable
- legal certainty is usually a thing that comes with it
- I think that they provide the best surrounding for business to grow
- The initial idea I got from the book "Why Nations Fail" from Daron Acemoglu and James A. Robinson. See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Why_Nations_Fail
- 2 years ago I started to buy ETFs, stocks, bonds and etfs releated to the states on top of the Democracyindex. ~ 500-1000 Euros each. Only Uruguay, Mauritius and Costa Rica i could not find anything
- After that I invested ~ 500-1000 Euros in the countries which had the most positive change in the list.
- I invest directly in the countries companies. So no stuff like trading partners, export goods generaly or things like that.
- I dont especially care about Foreign exchange risk because this is immanent in every investment abroad and not bound to democracies.