Basically I make ~$21000 in income from work, and $1000 in dividends. So, being below $40k in income, I technically owe 0% on the qualified dividend income, but I'm not sure if I pay the IRS and get a refund for the full amount paid, or hold on to everything and just report it.


Unless you want to give the IRS an interest-free loan, hold on to everything, and file accordingly.
If your situation doesn't change significantly later in the year, you will not owe taxes, so you are fine.

| improve this answer | |
  • Ok. I was just worried they wanted to hold the money until I filed end of year taxes. TY. – SmugDoodleBug May 10 at 17:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.