I am a student in Australia (making me a Temporary Resident for Tax Purposes), and an Indian citizen. I work as a sole trader / self-employed individual (web development freelancing), and according to ATO's website:

Most of your foreign income is not taxed in Australia except income earned from employment or services performed overseas while you are a temporary resident.

Does this mean the income I earn as a freelancer while in India during my temporary residency (e.g. during summer vacation) is also taxable in Australia?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.