Both my children (1 & 4) received a 1099-MISC for unearned income ($922) from our tribe's gambling profits. Do they need to be report?

1 Answer 1


The form 1040 instructions has a section called Do you have to file?

Chart B will apply to your kids, and you will see that they do not need to file because their unearned income was less than $1100.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.