So I couldn't find an overview for all exchanges where SPY options are traded on. Is CBOE the only place? If not, where can I find this information?
- BOX Exchange LLC, Boston, MA 02110
Cboe Exchange Inc., Chicago, IL 60605
Cboe BZX Options Exchange, Lenexa, KS 66214
Cboe C2 Exchange, Chicago, IL 60605
Cboe EDGX Options Exchange, Lenexa, KS 66214
MIAX Options Exchange, Princeton, NJ 08540
MIAX Emerald LLC, Princeton, NJ 08540
MIAX PEARL LLC, Princeton, NJ 08540
Nasdaq BX Options, New York, NY 10006
Nasdaq GEMX, New York, NY 10004
Nasdaq ISE, New York, NY 10004
Nasdaq MRX, New York, NY 10004
Nasdaq Options Market, New York, NY 10006
Nasdaq PHLX LLC, Philadelphia, PA 19103
NYSE American Options, New York, NY 10005
NYSE Arca Options, Chicago, IL 60606
I finally found a way to obtain this data for SPY options or any other security. It involves an account with Interactive Brokers and Trader Workstation installed locally. Steps:
- Tap the "+" sing at the bottom of the screen
- Select "Options Trading" from the layout library
- Input "SPY" in the top-left input box
- Click right on any option box, then "Financial Instrument Info", then "Details", and you will be redirected to the website below
As you can see, SPY options can be traded on AMEX, BATS, BOX, CBOE, CBOE2, EDGX, EMERALD, GEMINI, ISE, MERCURY, MIAX, NASDAQBX, PEARL, PHLX and PSE.
And you can repeat this process for any other security with an options chain available to trade on Trader Workstation.