I’m an Argentinian citizen, married to a US citizen. I am working for an American company but I was hired in Argentina. I used to come to the US often for business and met my now husband. Already started the process for the residence, but my employer here and in Argentina say that I can’t continue working legally like this(getting paid in Argentinian pesos as I’m an Argentinian employee but working from the USA). Is this really like that? I don’t see where the illegality comes from.

Thank you !

  • What visa are you on? Unless you have work authorization or a work visa, I think your company is correct.
    – mkennedy
    Mar 28 '20 at 18:14
  • Hi thank you for your reply. For now I have my regular Visa B2(I think) and still awaiting for the government authorization. So you think that even if I’m hired in Arg. and getting paid in pesos I can’t keep doing it .
    – Maria
    Mar 28 '20 at 19:12

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.