I'm a Canadian citizen living and working in the US since September 2019. In 2018 I incurred capital gain losses (of an investment that was under 1 year) of about 20k USD. I filed these losses in my Canadian taxes but never took advantage of it because I wasn't making money until September 2019.

Can I claim these losses in the US?

Note: The brokerage from the losses is an American company.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.