I live in Texas. I receive oil and gas royalties income from my properties in West Virginia. I have the 1099-MISC. The company that sent me the 1099 MISC is located in New Jersey. What state do I pay state income tax to? West Virginia or New Jersey or both?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.