I have purchased NSC in April 2011.

I would like to withdraw the same. Is it possible? If yes what procedure do I have to follow?

Also tell whether the same can be withdrawn from any one post office in India or do I have to visit the issuing post office for the withdrawal of the same?

Also guide if a person has claimed tax benefit for the same then what is the impact of the same on the filed I-tax Return?


It seems the minimum time after which you can withdraw the investment prematurely is 3 years.. But I did read somewhere that if you encash it before 1 year you only get the face value. If after more than 1 year and less than 3 years you would only get simple interest, no compounded interest, on your investment amount. Better drop in into your nearest post office and have a chat with the guys. That would be the sure shot way.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.