An NRI (A) decides to donate/gift some money to an Indian citizen (B) residing in India. Currently the money is in an NRO account (of A) in India and A would transfer the money to a savings account of B. Depending on the amount of money, do A and/or B need to submit any paperwork to the Income Tax department of India?

  • By donation do you mean gift?
    – jcm
    Dec 3 '19 at 11:30
  • Yes, you can consider it a gift.
    – PTDS
    Dec 3 '19 at 14:28

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.