There is an at-fault car without insurance (on CTP) crashed into another car and caused damage to both cars. No injuries.

It's gonna cost a lot of money. So always have your car insured.

  • Do you mean the value of the car? The cost is still what you paid for it. – Rupert Morrish Aug 26 '19 at 0:08
  • 5
    "The car is involved". That's a very passive statement. Were you driving it, and hit another car, or was it just sitting there and magically plowed into another car? – RonJohn Aug 26 '19 at 1:30
  • 8
    what country/state do you live in? In the US insurance regulations vary by state. Were you required to have insurance? – mhoran_psprep Aug 26 '19 at 3:07
  • 5
    You should put a country tag. In some countries there would be no insurance company involved because you would be fined by government agency who would also pursue you for any amount of money that the victim would have to cover. – SZCZERZO KŁY Aug 26 '19 at 8:12
  • 5
    @mootmoot That depends on where the OP lives, which seems to not be mentioned. – Matt Aug 26 '19 at 12:17

In the UK, if you damaged my car, I would inform my insurance and leave it to them. They will send someone out who checks what repairs need doing, they can do the repairs for me, give me a courtesy car while I'm waiting for my car, and send the bill to your insurance. Or since you don't have insurance, they send it to you.

What they are not going to do is ask you about your opinion what repairs are necessary. And they will make you pay. It can take a while, but you will pay.

Don't drive without insurance. It can be expensive. It can destroy you financially. And nobody outside your family feels in any way bad about it if that happens to you.

If you can't afford insurance, sell your car. Use public transport, or a bicycle, or get a taxi. Don't drive without insurance.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.