Some damage was done to my house. I received 2 checks from the insurance company:

  1. Check payable to me AND the bank in the amoutn of $x to cover damage to the house
  2. Check payable to me in the amount of $y to cover damage to my belongings in the house

In order to get check 1 endorsed I need to register a claim with my bank. The registration form is online here (I've been visiting the site using Safari since Chrome doesn't load it properly. Once you visit the page, click on "REGISTER YOUR CLAIM").

The form asks for the following information:

enter image description here

I'm confused as to what to put in these boxes. Do I put:

  • Total Claim Amount: $x + $y
  • Claim Check(s) Amount: $x

since I'm only asking for check 1 to be endorsed.

  • 3
    Have you tried contacting your bank and asking? – dwizum Aug 1 '19 at 19:04
  • 1
    I'd definitely ask them, since the TCA might be something different. – RonJohn Aug 1 '19 at 19:22

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.