I have a 36,000 shares of a $0.30 stock. The company is still in business and is listed. The stock certificated is stamped restricted. I contacted the company to remove the restriction & was told the records were lost for 2001 when is was issued. So the restriction can not be removed. I asked for a replacement issue of stock was told he couldn't or wouldn't do it because of no records. He told me to put it in a picture frame. What to do?

  • 2
    You're asking "What to do?" but haven't told us what you're trying to accomplish. Do you want to sell the stock? transfer it? – Cody Jul 31 '19 at 17:40
  • 2
    Also, what is the restriction? It should say on the certificate... – Cody Jul 31 '19 at 17:49
  • 2
    Put it in a picture frame? – stannius Jul 31 '19 at 18:05
  • 3
    File a complaint with the SEC: sec.gov/oiea/Complaint.html – AffableAmbler Jul 31 '19 at 18:10

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.