My brother Ivan studies at Oxford. His income is $0. We live in Toronto. We're not EU or UK citizens. For 2019-2020, his Course Fee is £26,235, and College Fee £7570. Total is £33,805 — to simplify the arithmetic, shall we work with £34K?

The CRA mailed us a letter, demanding us to complete TL11A Tuition and Enrolment Certificate - University Outside Canada. I took a screenshot of the part that's bothering me beneath.

  1. What amount do I write in the blank?

  2. Which applies to Ivan: Line 5860 or 5909?

enter image description here

  • 1
    Have you already filled out the federal and provincial Schedule 11 forms, as instructed by this form in Part 2, before the part you’ve screenshotted? What numbers were calculated there? – Mike Scott Jul 19 at 7:30
  • @MikeScott Let me get back to you. Thx! – Pamela Lee Jul 19 at 7:31

This was a dumb question, and I was reckless. See the green line and arrow. Note 2 literally says if you live in Ontario, you don't need to fill out that line.

enter image description here

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.