I have about 12,000 in cash saved up for purchasing a toyota 4runner. I have a vehicle in mind for 22,450 that is as good of a deal as I can possibly find after looking for months off and on. AS far as criteria, It is everything we want in every way. Unfortunately for my leverage, this is a dream scenario as far as how nice the vehicle is and how well taken care of it is. The miles are lower than I could have hoped for as well. I've looked around patiently even after landing on this just to see if there is better value if I went up in price and can safely say that even if I purchase a 27 thousand dollar 4 runner the value is just not as good as this car.
I pretty much refuse to get a loan so I've asked the dealer to let me buy the vehicle outright with the remaining 10,000 to be paid by credit card which is way more than they currently accept.
Last year when purchasing my highlander a different dealer accepted 5700 with a credit card , after 5000 in cash, and they had a sign up that read 2000 credit card max, but ended up just charging me 200 dollars.
I have enough with credit and cash to buy it at the sticker price but it feels like instead of working on a price and trying to get me into the car now everything is all centered around the credit card purchase and the fact that they only accept 3500 max in credit. They have not confirmed how much credit theyll accept as of now but i have purchased a 500 dollar down payment "holding" cost so no one else can buy it. By my math Its going to end up costing 23,450. Its like I'm already hoping for a favor and I feel like I've lost all leverage when the fact is I still am walking in there with 12000 and in combo with the credit 22,450, the sticker price. I feel like I should have some leverage. I'm wondering if i'm already asking for so much that they're going to lay it on me with dealer fees and credit card fees and taxes to the point that its not very advatagous to buy it outright anyway. And am I asking for too much of a favor? How is it that with 12000 down Im still paying all the premiums to get into this car. Also, Im hoping I'll have another 4900 by the end of the week which should ease up my requests. That's another element to this that could really shake things up...Any thoughts, please let me know.