I live in India. For a long time I was giving money to my friend as he lost his job; there was no other option for income. But later he got job so he returned all my money recently into my bank account.

Do I have to mention this in my income tax return filing?

If so, how do I report it?

Any help will be appreciated.


Best consult a CA. If the amount is less than Rs 50,000 it's not an issue. Any thing more the best way would have been to have a loan agreement. It can be done post facto as well.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.