My current homeowner's insurance has bungled a recent repair and I'm ready to move to a new company. I have done the research and found a firm that I feel very comfortable with. I'm planning to switch next month but I want to see if there are any caveats or potential issues that may arise from switching.
Of course I'll read any documents that are sent over, but I'm looking for advice on anything in particular that I should be aware of that are part of the switching process, not just a different policy. I'm thinking of something like no preexisting conditions, a waiting period for anything that happens within the first X days, etc.