I'm on a student visa in the MA, US. This year(2019) it was my first time filing for tax as I got the part-time job on-campus in my university. I submitted the tax form to a person who came to my university on April's end. He didn't charge me for the process. But, it's been more than a month and I haven't received the money which I was expected to get from tax return. Also, that person is not responding to my emails and phone calls. I don't owe any money to the government instead, I'm expected to receive money after I file the tax. Is there any way I can get that money at this time? Or is it too late? Any help will be appreciated.
You definitely need to find out what 'that person' ever did or didn't do. Nobody here can tell you that.
- Maybe he never filed your taxes
- Maybe he didn't file your taxes yet because he was too busy
- Maybe he is a scammer and took your refund and left
- Maybe he filed and mistyped your SSN / ITIN, or the amount.
- Maybe he filed late and the processing hasn't yet started ("where's my refund" only works about a week after successfully filing)