I currently own my house with my son. The deed is a joint tenancy with rights of survivorship between me and my son.

I would like to relinquish my portion and give it to my wife, with my son's portion untouched.

I am told a quit claim deed would accomplish this. Would the grantor then just be myself, and the grantee my wife? My son's name wouldn't be involved in this quit claim deed correct?

This would be in the state of Georgia.

  • 1
    Go to the Georgia . gov web site and see what info they offer. If that's lacking, contact them. And to be certain,consult with a lawyer because this is one of those things that you don't want to get wrong. – Bob Baerker Jun 5 '19 at 14:59

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.