How can I make global payment from Ethiopia for international services and tradings?
closed as off-topic by TomTom, Chris W. Rea, Bob Baerker, Rupert Morrish, Dheer May 13 at 17:28
This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave these specific reasons:
- "Questions seeking product or service recommendations are off-topic because they tend to become obsolete quickly. Instead, describe your situation and the specific problem you're trying to solve." – Chris W. Rea, Rupert Morrish
- "Questions on economics are off-topic unless they relate directly to personal finance." – TomTom, Bob Baerker
There is no legal way to transfer money out of Ethiopia except as outlined in the FAQ of the Commercial Bank of Ethiopia. You would need to start a business and explain to the bank the reason to transfer money out of the country. External trade, done legally, is documented and regulated.
Customers that request the above products of Trade Service, except guarantee should fulfill the following criteria:
- Should maintain current account with the bank
- Should be in the possession of valid trade license for import /export as appropriate or business license or investment or industry license or must exist in the list of budgetary government organizations issued by the National Bank of Ethiopia. In case of non-government organization, certificate issued by the Ministry of Justice, Regional Governments and offices authorized by proclamation.
- Should have Tax Identification Number(TIN)
- Should not be reported as delinquent by the NBE
The following are major services provided:
Documentary credit (L/C): is a written undertaking by a bank given to the seller at a request and/or the instruction of the buyer to make payment or accept and pay bill of exchanging (draft) drawn by the seller up to a stated sum of money within a prescribed time limit and against stipulated documents.
Import - available by sight payment/negotiation payment/deferred payment*/acceptance payment*
Export - payment available by sight/negotiation/acceptance of bills
*If approved by the National Bank of Ethiopia
Advance payment: is a method through which a seller receives payment from a buyer prior to shipment or the agreed upon goods or rendering the agreed upon service.
- Import - Payment though bank transfers
- Export - Payment through bank transfers, traveler cheques, cash (as long as it is declared).
IF you are not a national of Ethiopia things are different, wages can leave the country and tourists are allowed to leave with less than they entered with.