I am a U.S. Nonresident Alien (graduate student in Seattle, WA). I am married, but my wife is not in US.

In 2018, I earned ~8,000 USD in royalties. That's my total US earnings for 2018. I have not paid any taxes on it. I read that if total yearly income is less than 12,000 USD, an individual is not required to file taxes.

Do I need to file income tax in US for 2018?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.