My son has become NRI three years back.He wants to withdraw his accumulated balance of EPF and Employees Pension Fund in which he was a member since 2006.

He wants to gift the amount so withdrawn to his parents in equal proportion.

Will these amounts ne taxable as Gift Tax?

  • 5
    Tax questions need to identify the countries involved. – mhoran_psprep Apr 30 at 10:02
  • The Giver(son) is in UK and the Receivers(parents) are in India. – Jayprakash Gupta May 1 at 11:48

You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .