Some credit cards offer a deal like:
- Annual fee of around $450
- 100,000 frequent flier points (worth $1000) if you spend $3-4k in the first three months
- Get an annual travel credit worth about the same as the annual fee.
- Get invites to flier lounges each year.
On the face of it, this seems like an OKish deal, if I'm likely to to be using the travel credit each year (which I am).
Here are the potential downsides as I understand them:
- If you happen to not travel one year, then it's expensive.
- The travel credit is through their website, which can have higher prices.
Now that second point seems particularly important. However, this is offset by the 100,000 FF points, assuming you can cancel after the first year.
Is there something I'm missing, that I should look out for that might make these deals bad?