My contribution room for my RRSP is 23.5k, I accidentally contributed 25k though. I realize my over-contribution is within the 2k that CRA allows, but I would prefer to keep the extra $1,500 outside of my RRSP if possible as I won't be receiving a tax credit for it.

Am I able to just transfer this $1,500 out? Or will I have to pay tax on the $1,500 if I do this?

Alternatively, if I just leave the extra $1,500 can I claim it next year when my contribution room increases?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.