This is a bit embarrassing but apparently, I made a mistake on my income tax return. In particular, the "total income field". In my first tax return(2017), I thought this was "monthly income", but prepping my tax return for 2018, I realize the total income was referring to "total anual income". It sounds stupid how I could make a mistake, I know!

On the other hand, during 2017 - 2018, I paid taxes accordingly to on a month to month basis so I would not be owning any money.

I use simplex to file my tax returns but because of the mistake I made in the first year, entering in my actual total income, it's stated I owe several thousand dollars.

The question is, is there any legal overhead/extra work I need to look into after submitting my tax return or because I already paid X amount of taxes owing, will it resolve its self? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated! 😁

I am sort of brand new to the whole "taxes"...

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.