I leased my car in June 2017 for 36 months and currently 14 months left from my lease. I want to sell the car and lease a SUV.
Details listed below:
- The car is a Honda Accord The residual value is $15,500.
- CarMax is paying 16,000 for the car.
- The mileage on the car is 15,000 miles.
- I need to pay my registration fee to DMV in two months (it's about $300).
- I am currently paying $180 per month for the current car.
- I graduated in summer 2017, so I am eligible for $500 discount from Honda
My goal is to lease a SUV (Honda CR-V or Mazda CX-5) with $0 down payment(I don't want put cash from my pocket, so I just want to use the money I get from selling the Accord) and about $200 monthly payment.
Is there any advice? Where should I sell the car? Should I go with CarMax or should I post it on Craigslist?