I'm an F-1 student that accidentally filed my taxes using TurboTax. According to this forum, I need to file 1040-NR with a 1040-X attached to amend what I already filed using TurboTax.

I tried filling out my 1040-NR using Sprintax like the post suggested, after walking through Sprintax, I got the quote "You do not need to complete form 1040NR. You just need to complete form 8843 to confirm your non-resident status with the IRS."

How can I confirm this and what should I do?