I was awarded a judgement in a civil court against a company for a fairly large amount (ie 10,000+). The company is Canadian, and in the same province, but not local to my city of residence. Due to numerous complaints, media attention, and police investigations, as well as monies owed to clients, they most like have folded their operations under the old name against which I secured the judgement, and resurfaced under a new legal name, with the same owner at the helm.

To collect the monies owed to me would have been easy the old country way. Attempting it the Canada way, I had called a couple paralegals and a lawyer, but so far was met with general unwillingness to take on such an task. I have considered hiring a collection agency to do it.

Advice is appreciated.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.