I have a limited company (based in the UK) through which I worked in a larger company. A year ago, I stopped working for this larger company. As I was no longer working (ie I was no longer getting incomes), I decided to suspend my accountant. As I did not have an accountant at the beginning of the tax year, I forgot to pay myself the 702£ (= 8424/12) free of charge each month for the first few months, as per:


I'm still working on designing a software for my limited company (and therefore don't need to work for a larger company at the moment).

So up to now I paid myself X = 8424 - 4 * 702, as I did not pay myself in april, may and june.

I was therefore wondering if it was fine (ie I won't pay tax to HMRC), if I pay myself a salary of 4 * 702£ this month (corresponding to april 2018, may 2018, june 2018 and march 2019). On a yearly basis, I would not have paid me more than the 8424£ yearly limit, but on this specific month I would I have paid me more than the threshold.

Hopping my question is clear. Fingers crossed. :)

Thank you for your advice.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.