In early 2018 I made an 83(b) election with respect to some stock a company is granting to me over several years.

That means I should be paying taxes now on all of that stock.

From reading the internet, it seems I should expect the income to be reported on a 1099-MISC from the company, but I didn't receive one.

Can/should I report the income anyway, even though I don't have the form? And if so, how?

I do know how much I should be paying taxes on, since the 83(b) includes the number.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.