Disclaimer: I am going to live in my city with a very low chance of moving somewhere else.
I am currently looking for viable options for buying an apartment. The traditional way is to save up 15% and pay it up front when taking a 30-year mortgage loan.
What I have noticed is that if there are new apartment buildings projects, they offer something like 1-3k euro deposit and rent 2 buy option for paying 15% of the initial payment in 3 year period and after that, you can take the rest of 85% as a loan from a bank.
Is there any kind of risks or hidden facts that this type of offer could not disclose?
Some other facts: The city I live in is Vilnius and such apartments range from 80 to 150k.