I currently have an RRSP through work that I contribute to. However, the amount is significantly smaller than my annual limit. I have a self-managed RRSP separately and contribute sizable amounts. Thus far, I have gotten a large refund every year come tax time, since I claim the full RRSP contribution I've made that year.

Is there any way I can notify the CRA of intent to contribute a large amount to my RRSP in the upcoming year in order to reduce the tax withholdings on each paycheck instead of receiving a large refund at tax time?

  • The T1213 form may be the key here, although I don't know for sure, and it sounds like you'd have to have an RRSP payment plan set up – tar Mar 15 '19 at 0:30
  • @tar Thanks - I'd heard there was some form, but wasn't sure what it was - looks like that's it. I wonder if having an existing payment plan is a requirement; I'd much rather do lump-sum. – Mansfield Mar 15 '19 at 0:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.