I currently have college savings in a 529 plan (New Hampshire). Recently, Texas started the Texas Tuition Promise Fund which is a prepaid college savings plan. I would like to roll the money I have saved in the 529 and buy into the prepaid plan. I have been searching but haven't found out if this is possible. Any thoughts ?

1 Answer 1


You would have to make a non-qualifying withdrawal from the 529 plan to then contribute to the Texas Tuition Promise Fund.

This would incur penalties on your withdrawals.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .