I am a non-resident filing tax returns using form 1040NR. I'm really struggling to find an answer to the following questions, maybe someone knows and can help -

For 2018 - Are non-resident aliens allowed to offset capital gains with capital losses? Also, are we allowed to carryover losses for later years, so that they will offset our taxable income in later years?

If so, how is that done on the 1040NR form?

Thanks so much!!

  • How is this different than your previous question? If you don't get an answer here you should probably talk to a tax preparer in your area. – D Stanley Mar 7 '19 at 19:18