This article suggests that if I were to exercise options that I was granted as part of an ISO grant and then sell them in the same year, the bargain element would be recorded in my W-2 form. What happens if I do these transactions in a year when I am not employed by the company? Will I receive a W-2 anyway with just this compensation? Or will I receive some other tax form?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.