I have been working for a few years in the UK and my employers created personal pensions and contributed to them. Now I'm moving out of the UK and I'm not sure what to do with these.
As far as I know, if I retrieve the money now, I will pay 50% tax on it (I'm 32 years old).
I have checked something called QROPS, but I'm moving to Portugal and there's no QROPS there.
So what are my options here?

1 Answer 1


There's always the option of doing nothing. Just leave the pension in the fund to grow (with any luck) until you retire. Then decide what to do with it.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .