I am retired and receive a small amount from a family trust for which I am a trustee.

When I was working I had more than enough earned income to make the maximun IRA and Spousal IRA contributions each year.

Is the annual fee I receive from the family trust as 1099-Misc Box 3 Other Income considered earned income for purposes of contributing to an IRA?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.