My residence is in NY but my company moved me to CA for a temporary assignment (one year). They are providing corporate housing but I still have to contribute approximately $900/month. Is the $900/month tax deductible?

  • Do they pay the landlord directly for their part? What does the $900 cover? – mhoran_psprep Jan 30 '19 at 12:42
  • 2
    This is actually a surprisingly complicated situation - the best I can figure at the moment is "maybe": corporatehousing.com/blog/corporate-housing-tax-deductible The corporation providing housing can be considered a taxable fringe benefit, but possible excluded and your expenses can potentially be deducted, but it depends on if you can establish a "tax home" in NY according to IRS regulations: irs.gov/publications/p463 – BrianH Jan 30 '19 at 17:09

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.