My house in Georgia USA is currently owned by me and my father in a "joint tenancy with survivorship" deed. My father wants to give his portion to his wife (my mother), but we would all like the final new deed to be a "joint tenancy with survivorship" between my mother and myself. I know that a quitclaim deed would allow my father to give his portion to my mother, but the resulting situation is a joint tenancy in common instead of a joint tenancy with survivorship rights between my mother and myself.

How would this be done? Thanks.


Owner A and Owner B together could deed the property to Owner A and Owner C as the new joint tenants with survivorship.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.