Do I submit both or... which one? (If it is just one) I have been searching for solid information about this for a couple of days... Decided to just throw this question on the stack. Maybe the answer will help others too.

1 Answer 1


You file one or the other per business, the C-EZ is for simpler situations and can be used if you have profit from your business and meet these criteria per the IRS:

  • Your expenses are not greater than $5,000
  • You have no employees
  • You have no inventory
  • You are not using depreciation or deducting the cost of your home

If any of those criteria disqualify you from using the C-EZ you'll have to file the standard Schedule C instead.


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.