Here is the situation: Indian resident receives compensation (under EC Regulation 261/2004) for cancelled flights while on business travel within EU. Is it taxable in India?


Best consult a CA. Generally it would be treated as reimbursement of expenses. Hardship you encountered and potentially spent more.

There is no explicit mention of this in Tax rules and is in grey area.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.