My family member plans to live in Canada but his income still comes from his investment in the U.S. Is there a bank product that let him withdraw money with cheap or free ATM fee in Canada, or/and let him transfer from his US account to Canada account online in a cheap rate?

closed as off-topic by Hart CO, Rupert Morrish, Chris W. Rea, Dheer, CactusCake Dec 17 '18 at 17:27

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions seeking product or service recommendations are off-topic because they tend to become obsolete quickly. Instead, describe your situation and the specific problem you're trying to solve." – Hart CO, Rupert Morrish, Chris W. Rea, Dheer, CactusCake
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


The Charles Schwab High Yield Investor Checking Account bank account has no foreign transaction fees and refunds all ATM fees worldwide. The one limitation would be that you have to open it as a linked account to a Schwab Brokerage account, but since both accounts are free and have no minimum balances, this shouldn't be a big issue.

The Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking® account is available only as a linked account with a Schwab One® brokerage account. The Schwab One brokerage account has no minimum balance requirements, and there is no requirement to fund this account, when opened with a linked High Yield Investor Checking account

1: Unlimited ATM fee rebates apply to cash withdrawals using your Visa debit card wherever it is accepted ...

3: Schwab Bank does not assess foreign transaction fees (i.e., a fee to convert US Dollars to local currency) to debit cardholders

Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking® Account

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.