Actually this is for my sister, she lives in London and I want to send her money from USA to her bank account. Will that transfer affect the taxes she must pay?

  • What are both your nationalities?
    – user71981
    Nov 7, 2018 at 15:38
  • @JanDoggen italian, but my sister is living in London and paying taxes there.
    – Enrique
    Nov 10, 2018 at 16:11
  • On top of that, have you ever domiciled (read: lived a long time) in UK before?
    – B.Liu
    Nov 10, 2018 at 18:15
  • @B.Liu not me, but my sister was living there for the last 6 years
    – Enrique
    Nov 13, 2018 at 12:55

1 Answer 1


As long as you give the gift (of cash) more than seven years before you die or the amount is less than the annual allowance of £3,000, this will be tax-free for her.

If you die earlier than that, the gift will be subject to Inheritance Tax.


You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .