- Individual had Medical Plan with Deductible of $1300.
- Deductible was met within a few months of start of calendar year.
- Plan is on calendar year.
- Mid-year Individual changed plan within the same company to a Family Plan.
- The new deductible is $3000 and $1300 from prior plan was transferred ( the new plan started with $1300 met for the deductible)
- Both plans have the same co-insurance percentage.
The medical expenses that led to the deductible being met under the first plan were enough to have met the deductible under the second plan but only the portion initially applied to the deductible was transferred as deductible; anything above the deductible was either covered or paid as co-insurance.
Is it possible to ask the insurance to recalculate the medical expenses during the calendar year as if they had happened under the second plan so that the deductible is met as well?