I am a non-resident alien with a tax residency in my country of origin. I have opened an investment account with a broker in the United States.

What (if at all) do I have to file with the IRS?

  • For most common investments, nothing. Dividends are taxed at release, you don't have to file anything. – misantroop Sep 30 '18 at 8:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.