An admission: There's a reasonably well-known money personality/expert that wasn't on my radar screen until I started running this site. I'm referring to Dave Ramsey. I've become curious about Ramsey as I've seen many mentions of his name, shows, books, or courses in answers here at Basically Money:
- In response to a question about good TV shows about money
- In response to a question about the snowball method of paying off debt
- In response to a question about what to do with savings each month
- In response to a question about when to start talking to kids about money
- In response to a question about where to park an emergency fund
I'm assuming my ignorance was because Ramsey is popular in the U.S., but not so much in Canada. I'm aware that Ramsey has a TV show, but I've never seen it broadcast here and I regularly browse the TV schedule. (Whereas, I do watch the Suze Orman show, but that's easy because I get CNBC.)
My questions are:
- If you had to start with one thing to get to know the Dave Ramsey "philosophy" about money, what would it be? A book, the show, something else?
- In a nutshell, what are the main points Ramsey teaches listeners / viewers / readers about money?
- Are either of his TV or radio shows available on the Internet? Free, or e.g. iTunes?
Thanks! I'll be using the answers to this question to help me address my ignorance. :-)