Personal Finance & Money Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people who want to be financially literate. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

How do I calculate the taxes owed on a conversion from a Traditional IRA to a Roth IRA in 2010?

share|improve this question
up vote 3 down vote accepted

I found a calculator at Kiplinger's website that takes into account the 2010 deal to defer part of the tax into 2011 and 2012

share|improve this answer
That worked great, Thanks Esteban! – Seth P. Jan 22 '11 at 22:19

I recommend you look at the tax table at Fairmark, it will show you your marginal rate, and you can see the impact of the conversion. Remember, you can split the amount and pay half on your 2010 return, half on 11's.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.