Personal Finance & Money Stack Exchange is a question and answer site for people who want to be financially literate. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I am considering transferring brokerages for a taxable investment account. Will the new brokerage be responsible for sending me all Form 1099s for tax year 2013? Or is the old brokerage still responsible for part of the year? I have not sold any stocks yet this year so I think it is less complicated, but I have received dividends.

share|improve this question
up vote 3 down vote accepted

Each brokerage will send you 1099 for the transactions that occurred in its accounts.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.